 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 977
    Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted —Mike Petrucelli
   Here is a link (URL) depending on the quality of the peices castle fans that don't mind clone bricks will like these. I personally think the stone gargoyle peices are very niffty. As far as set design and the use of "block bottom action figures"... (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted —Dave Schuler
   (...) Thanks for the link--my watchful web filters here at work weren't letting me go to www.playmates.com, and I didn't know where else to look! Dave! (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Dig deeper... they have posted .pdfs of their instructions!!! Derezzed so that you couldn't publish them as your own, of course. But this is pretty amazing, I think. Brickshelf management team: Call your lawyer. :-) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted —Alex Farlie
   (...) I think if 'they' have provided the instructions to thier models then we should make use of them somehow. Ok. Hands up anyone who thinks building a mini-fig version in ML-Cad will cause problems? Alex (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad)

        Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted —Benjamin Medinets
   (...) Not only do I think that someone should build a mini-fig version(s), but also if the people are right, and the sets are substandard, then design a legoized LotR with a more realistic set-up. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad)