 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 744
743  |  745
Subject:
What's the connection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:31:59 GMT

  In recent months I've acquired a number of old clone sets, and I've
noticed some clear similarities that make me wonder about the connections
between the various manufacturers.  Certain non-standard-brick pieces from
Coko and Blok-Tek are identical in design, for example, while other parts by
Blok-Tek and Tyco are the same.  Are all of these companies one?  Or did
each firm simply by the molds in turn from the previous manufacturer?
  I'm interested because a lot of these brands produced interesting parts of
considerable quality, and I'm curious about where these molds might now be
located.  Perhaps Ritvik or Block-Men et al might acquire them for future
production...

     Dave!