 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 682 (-5)
  Re: New Castle LEGOs

I'm optimistic about GetTheToys, but I think that its mainly because I just want their site to work so badly (I'm saving up for a big purchase). However, despite all my plugging for Bestlock, I have never actually ordered from GetTheToys, and I too (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Chris Gray's site (was Re: MB sites)

(...) I think James has hit a key point here. Things that we did as kids stick with us, and are viewed "through rose-tinted glasses". That's likely unavoidable - most of us had lots of fun as kids, and spent lots of time playing. One of the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: clone brands available in Australia

(...) I've seen some others, mainly in Woolworths/Big W, small toyshops and "Crazy Discount" type stores. Except for the curio-factor, don't bother. They're invariably rubbish: poor manufacture, poor tolerances, poor plastic and all but non-existent (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.au)

  clone brands available in Australia

Now that I've made the move to the Dark Side and started buying Mega Bloks pro-builder sets, I've become aware through the off-topic.clone-brands group that there are other clone brands: Tyco, Bestlock, Coko, etc. However, the only clone brand I've (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Chris Gray's site (was Re: MB sites)

(...) I'm not sure why I took that with such a negative bent. But I'll think aloud for a bit. (warning, this is going to be rambling, long, and might turn into a rant) I think Lego is pretty cool. I grew up with it, and remember when it was the only (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact