 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 622 (-5)
  Sticking it to Todd (was Re: Clones Database)

(...) Before Todd wears yet another hammering, a quick note in support, feel free to hunt me instead. Contrary to the culture of entitlement popular in the US (you know, I'm owed stuff just 'cause I'm here, ne'er-do-wells protesting 'I have rights' (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) It costs money to run a server. You wanna throw your own money at hosting content related to imitation brands, go right ahead. There are plenty of hosting services. (...) I agree. (...) I'm not against helping people find information about (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) One reason I would like to see a clone database hosted by Lugnet would so that it could have a consistent feel. Todd has gone to a lot of effort to produce a good set database engine, why squander that effort only on LEGO brand sets? If Todd (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) link to that. It doesn't need to be hosted on lugnet.com. (...) Me neither. (...) 152 by my count -- and 144 if you ignore the "Are you paying attention..." thread. But even if it were 1000 -- LUGNET is about LEGO(R) user groups and detailed (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

Yes, I agree with Dan. I think a link to an off-site database or clone portal would be very useful information. Even the rtl LEGO FAQ page had a section of clones information. (URL) no, I find no reason that the database or any other information (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact