 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 429
Re: Anime minifigures! (and you can buy them)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:37:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ka-On Lee writes:
Looks like the Star Wars minifigs are quite popular in Japan.  Now there is a
company making LEGO-like minifigures of popular anime series and movies.

A good introduction page:
http://casualotaku.com/AnimeGoesLego.shtml

Offical page (Japanese):
http://64.26.15.120/kubrick/index.html

I was in Tokyo Kid (formerly Man from Atlantis) in The Garage in Harvard Sq (in
Boston, Ma) last weekend, and they had a set of these.  I don't know the
official number, but it was one of the main Evangelion sets (it has the one
with the "main character's" purple EVA).

The 'figs are remarkable larger than Lego minifigs.  I seriously doubt there is
any amout of compatability between these figs and Lego.

On the other hand, they are kinda cute, and if you're a big fan of whatever
series a given set is from (Evangelion, Planet of the Apes, Blair Witch) they
might be worth having.

eric