 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 412
Re: Anime minifigures! (and you can buy them)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:07:08 GMT

Those are pretty funny! I love the Planet of the Apes idea, I wish LEGO would
makes some Apes sets, a nice Ape village would be cool.. ha!

The only thing is that these guys don't scream mini-fig, they might be "mini"
but lack that special something that gives them that LEGO look. Maybe it's the
flesh tone, I kind of have grown attached to the yellow little faces.

jt

In lugnet.general, Ka-On Lee writes:
Looks like the Star Wars minifigs are quite popular in Japan.  Now there is a
company making LEGO-like minifigures of popular anime series and movies.  I
don't know how compatible they are with real LEGO, but some of them looks real
cool for an anime fan.

A good introduction page:
http://casualotaku.com/AnimeGoesLego.shtml

Offical page (Japanese):
http://64.26.15.120/kubrick/index.html

You can now order them from www.hlj.com  Here's a few sample links:
EVA-01                  http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?MEDKUB-01
Blair Witch Project (!) http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?MEDKUB-12

They aren't cheap though, Yen 1980 = US$18.6 for 3 minifigs!  But they would • be
a good match for the new MovieMaker set...