 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 42
41  |  43
Subject:
Best-lock found.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:08:01 GMT

After reading much about Best-Lock bricks last year, I was interested in
seeing some, but was never able to find any.  Long story short, I found
several kits this afternoon at my local Target store.  I picked up the
Missle Launcher and Armored Transport for a pretty good price.

Now, having built the armored transport, I'd have to rate these at about the
same level as MegaBlocks.  The grip and staying power is about the same
(that is to say, inferior to LEGO) and the brick and plate heights are
similar to MegaBlocks also.  Looking at the pictures of the Coco sets, I see
a lot of simlarities between the two.  It looks like some components have
been borrowed from Coco, MegaBlocks and LEGO and all rolled into one.  Not
bad, but I don't think I'll be picking up anymore.

Ben

Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com
www.marsbase.com