 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 342
Re: Bloc-Tek Apache Helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:05:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard W. Schamus writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Anyone know anything about this Coko Apache?  I found it at a KB
ToyWorks tonight, and it's interesting.  It claims affinities with Coko
Bricks in the copyrighting (It's a Larami product)

here's a scan of that:
http://members.tripod.com/~mescalero/images/cok79420.jpg
and the stealth bomber model that came out around the same time:
http://members.tripod.com/~mescalero/images/cok79410.jpg

Hmmm...when were they available?  (Besides "until now, when you bought that
last one"?)  Does Coko have a website?

i never saw these at regular stores but heard about them after they hit the
clearance places, now i don't even see them there anymore.

i thought they were a nice try at large aircraft (though some parts of the
models needed reinforcing) and seem to remember somebody on the net mentioning
they might try to recreate the stealth bomber in lego blocks.  coko still
produces, but i haven't seen either the apache or the stealth bomber available
in their current lineup.

Here is a link that may help:
http://www.am-21.com/xasm/7108cok/index.htm
Rich

rich's link is the best place to contact somebody.  if things haven't changed,
the order needs to be shipped from china so be prepared for international mail
procedures.

here's the list i made of their models (with some but not all graphics):
http://members.tripod.com/~mescalero/coko.html

..joseph g