 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 277
Re: worrying trend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:15:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, James Brown writes:
It doesn't worry me if they can get their quality up to anything close
to LEGO bricks. We do need a serious competitor, and Ritvik is probably
in the best position to be that competitor. They seem to have a decent
design staff (the set designs I've looked at look good) and their Brick
geometry is the same as LEGO bricks (as opposed to Best-Lock which uses
a different brick height).

Which I think is deliberate, given that the themes are similar! Indeed some
the peices looked the same as TLG officals.

Alex