 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2727 (-10)
  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) <snip> (...) I have to at least partially disagree with you here. I remember buying a blok bots set many years ago (yes, long before Exoforce, Titan XP, and Life on Mars). I remember being particularly excited about the joint technology, and (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Agreed, but the original post was also sent to several other newsgroups, and FUT to .build.mecha as well. ROSCO (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) You know those portions of text that the LUGNET admins have programmed to be inserted into our email addresses when we post? You'll see things like "IHATESPAM" or "+avoidspam+" in part of the poster's email address to help thwart those (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Well, Jeff already hit the nail on the head. Go ahead and diss them. Heck, scream to high heaven about how bad you think they are, for all I care. But the more obviously ill-informed your criticism, the sillier you look in the process. I mean, (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) First, courtesy suggests that the least you could do is learn the brand name. I mean, you don't see Mega Bloks fans complaining about Leggos. 8^) Second, the bricks aren't as low quality as you probably think, and many of Mega Bloks' designs (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Dave's point is you should be informed before you diss, otherwise you just make yourself look bad. Jeff (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Sigh. That puts me in a very tough position. 1) I hate Megablocks, and refuse to buy their low quality bricks and poor designs. 2) I'm possibly the biggest Gundam fan here. What do I do now? :/ (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) If I want to diss Megabloks, then I'm in the exact right place to do it. (The L in LUGNET stands for LEGO.) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

WOW! Very nice looking Gundam there. Given that MB and Lego bricks are 99% the same and compatible, it should be an easy feat to build Lego versions once the instructions become available. I look forward to that! Dave (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) I think it's safe to say Bandai has the ability to nix something that MegaBloks develops if they're not happy with it, so I highly doubt this would happen. Also, as Dave said, MB already beat Lego in the mecha department. As much as I don't (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact