 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2619
  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Although its not quite what you sound like you want, we already have a wikified LDraw section over on BrickWiki ((URL)). You can find the category at (URL) although it's fairly empty at the moment. There is even a section on the wiki for clone (...) (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Thanks for your comments. The Brick Wiki looks like it's a specific Lego(R) brick wiki, whereas a Wiki or Construction kit systems would need to cover things like Meccano, Rokenbok as well.. Alex (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

At 02:50 PM 10/16/2005 +0000, Farlie A wrote: [snip] (...) I have never heard of Meccano or Rokenbok or those others you mentioned. But if they're construction toys, they can be made for the computer! I know nothing about setting up or working on a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Meccano is best known as Erector in the states. Something the more purile Uk-AFOLS find somewhat amusing. Although that may preclude the A in AFOL. Rokenbok is an amusing little system - it reminds me of the Fraggle rock doozer constructions. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)