 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2412 (-5)
  Re: Brick Century Military

(...) I wasn't sure if Shifty / Brick / .. became Oxford. I think I have an old post that listed a source for buying new Oxford sets, but they work out the same or higher priced than real Lego. Nice info on Korean Lego schools. The eBay contact I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Brick Century Military

(...) Nope. Oxford is in Korea, and neither China nor Hong Kong's courts have any bearing. Also, aside from web sources who buy Oxford sets and then sell them second hand at higher rates, Oxford is not sold outside of Korea, period. I am not sure, (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Brick Century Military

(...) From what Ben's Bricks wrote about the cost of custom molds, a Chinese contact seems to be the easier and cheaper route. Isn't Oxford the new Shifty? I don't think the bricks aren't protected by copyright. Didn't the Hong Kong court rule that? (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Brick Century Military

(...) Good eyes, Dave!! I don't own any of the 9707 Megabloks Tanks either but after reading your post, I sort of went to look at what I have and want to hear something interesting? Those wheels from Ed's picture (URL) here> look a lot like the ones (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Brick Century Military

(...) I don't have any Megblocks and only one of the John Deere Ertle/ Best Block sets. No comparison to Shifty. Shifty is Lego as far as the bricks are concerned. The axles and wheels are the weak link, not Lego at all. Look up the 1999 / 2000 Hong (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact