 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2390
Re: Never-released LOTR Intelli-Blox sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:21:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Erik Olson wrote:
The Basic Block Bucket was even listed on Marz Distribution three years ago.

The total number of sets touted at Toy Fair was larger than what was released.

That's really a shame, IMO.  Sure, the series wasn't as well-conceived as it
might have been, but there was a lot of good in it, too.  I love love love the
statuary from Battle at Weathertop, and the gargoyle-ish pieces from Orc Attack
at Amon Hen are also nice.  Both go very well with MegaBloks' Dragons.  I wonder
what cool scenery pieces we might have gotten in the Trollshaw Forest Clearing
set?

By the way--I found the link again where I initially came upon the set info:
http://actionfigures.about.com/library/tf01/bltf01-playmates-lotr.htm

Dave!