 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2354
Re: Price of petrol vs price of plastic products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:39:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Avery Christy wrote:

You're worried about just Lego? Everything made out of plastic,
from clothes to  carpets to housing materials to cars to appliances
to electronics to computers to decorative junk around the house will
increase in cost.

Ya, but I can get by without all that other stuff, while LEGO? LEGO I gotta
have. :-)

For that matter, I don't know why this should affect MegaBloks at all.  From
what I've gathered, MegaBloks are crafted from the bones of puppies and innocent
children. Have I been misled?

Dave!

Yep, you don't know what the h-e-double-hockey-stick you're talking aboot--since
it's a Canadian company, MB makes their bricks out of the furs of little baby
seals and hockey sticks--that's why the Canadian gov't reimplemented the seal
hunt last year--to help out a Montreal company to keep the Frenchies happy, and
that's why there's still an NHL strike!

Wow!  That's a trifecta right there--Canadian Gov't bailouts, slamming the
Quebecois, and MB vs LEGO at the same time!  Oh, and if you add the seal hunt
and the players salary vs owner profit for chasing a little bit of rubber across
frozen water on top of it...

On a roll today...

Dave K