 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2152
2151  |  2153
Subject:
Some clearance items @ Big K
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:14:32 GMT

I would guess that the offerings vary widely from store to store, but the two Kmart stores in my area have a handful of MEGABLOKS and BTR sets on clearance, as well as a few of That Other Brand that shall remain nameless in OT.Clone-brands.

Specifically, Alien Agency set 5611 Mobile Recovery Unit and set 5631 D.N.A. Lab are on sale for $10.00 and $20.00, respectively. Also, set 5602 Burger Barn and Freaky Fill-Up are going for $5.00 each. One of the stores had five or six copies of the 9736 Space Shuttle for $33.00, down from the original MSRP of $79.99. I might grab one of those if it goes below $30.00.

Thanks to KMart, I am now “Alien Agency Complete.” The D.N.A. Lab is a nice playset but isn’t a great source of parts, with a few exceptions, including some tall wall sections with brick texturing on one side. There are some juniorized elements for use in a kind of examination/torture chamber in which our poor extraterrestrial friends can be immersed, spun, and or chopped.

The Mobile Recovery Unit is cool, as well, and the vehicle is a creditable garbage truck, though the panel walls may seem to design-specific for some people. Of note are the 6x5x1 wall sections in trans-black.

The Built to Rule sets span the whole line and are generally on clearance for 60% to 75% of MSRP. That’s not a particularly good deal, considering that TRU had them at about 50% off last week.

Dave!