 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2044
  Clone sightings

I just spotted a new (to me) brand of clone brick at TRU called X-Blocks. I’ve never heard of it before, but this particular set is a licensing of the movie The Hulk, and it’s apparently called the Hulk Destructor Construction System. The set is (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Clone sightings

Even weirder is that X-Blocks has Marvel's license for Spiderman, and the Spiderman X-Blocks hit the shelves at TRU just when Lego's did. Marvel has been entertaining deals like this with Lego or others for years -- I met two Marvel employees in the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Clone sightings

(...) This week I spotted a small set in this series on the shelf at Wal*Mart. Apparently these are Exin blocks, which previously has produced castle sets and currently offers sets representing several Spider-Man scenes, Shrek's Castle, and/or (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)