 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1822
Re: Screwed on eBay Again (just the facts!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:59:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Maggie Cambron wrote:
   It does appear as though the seller is trying to get out of letting you have a set that went cheap because he carelessly misspelled ‘castle’ in the listing.

Naw, that’s nothing to do with it really. As long as the words Tyco and Lego appear, you’re golden.

FWIW, I honestly think that the number of people truly interested in Tyco has dwindled radically. Given some of what TLC and MB are currently providing the need for Tyco stuff is for madmen only. Basically, it’s not worth anyone’s time really. I don’t see huge demand for it from anyone but Dave! or myself and we each have our areas of interest that do not necessarily overlap. And Dave! mostly just wants a representative sampling of each element for his clone CAD work. That pretty much leaves me alone with the big Tyco jones -- that is, for the real “hold them in your hands” bricks.

   You could let the seller know you will be watching his future auctions like a hawk, and if the set comes up again you have all the correspondence saved to file a fraud complaint.

This will occur as a matter of course, I have ebay’s crazy “favorite searches” turned on from long ago (a feature that appears at least partially broken to updating, hmmm...).

   Or you could just leave the negative feedback and let it go.

Yes, it will probably come to that. And it will mean nothing -- eBay has turned basic honesty into a mere option of which one may or may not choose to make use. I’ll give this loser another day to see the error of his ways or to make a showing of proof in support of his story.

Hey, he gave me the money back again so he’s not a total creep. I almost half believe his story, but then I’m willing to give most people the benefit of the doubt. He gets my trust until he shows me that he does not deserve it. I am at least suspicious of his story -- I mean, I’m not a complete idiot.

-- Hop-Frog