 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1811
Re: New MB Dragons, MB Power Rangers, and Hasbro BTR at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:31:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:

  Forgive a little self-reply, but I love talking to myself.

Here's some more detail:

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9873
   28 pieces for $9.99.  The actual product differs greatly from the picture
shown on Marzdistribution, more than can be explained by simple product
alteration.  The main creature, the setting, and the figures are all different.
It includes three troll-guys in the style of Dragons figures and some kind of
beast with a coarse mane (as opposed to a Coors man, a main course or a Maine
Chorus).

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9868>
  I saw two incarnations of this item:  set# 9865 with 24 pieces and 9866 with
26 pieces, each for $4.99.  The product graphics differ slightly from those
shown here, but the tin box is embossed and painted in the style of 70's-era
lunchboxes.  I couldn't get a good sense of the contents, other than a few
figures and scenery elements, though one of the boxes included a new "wooden"
doorway.

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9885
  114 pieces for $29.99.  This set appears to have a bunch of new pieces,
including those large gates, the catamaran, and new scenery elements.  Not sure
of how many figures there are.

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9895
  250 pieces for $49.99.  I was surprised with how cool this set looked, and
it's bigger than I thought, too.  I don't think it's compatible with LEGO hulls,
nor whether the dragon figurehead is detachable.

  In addition to the new troll-ish figures, the series has added (I believe) two
new armies of knights, with an arsenal of new weapons and new rectangular and
hexagonal body-shields.  This series also includes chrome weapons (apparently
one per set) and new "crystals" for the armies to fight about.

  Also, here's a list of the BTR stuff on the shelf:

Avalanche Rescue
GI Joe Forest Fox
GI Joe Depth Ray
Cobra Raven
each for $12.99

Optimus Prime (not a great rendition, IMO) for $19.99

Locust
Rock Crusher
Demolishor
Mountain Rescue
Forest Fire Rescue
Jet Fire
each for $7.99

   More detail will follow as I accumulate it.

     Dave!