 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1810
1809  |  1811
Subject:
New MB Dragons, MB Power Rangers, and Hasbro BTR at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:05:12 GMT

My local target has finally restocked its MEGA BLOKS section, including the
following:

From the Dragons line:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9891
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9885
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9895
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9873
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9868

From the Power Rangers line:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-5700

I was in a hurry so I don't have much detail about price, piece counts, or
general coolness, but I grabbed the 35-piece Yellow Ninja Storm Hurricane
Blaster set for $4.99.  The highlights include a turntable-mounted missile
launcher, a 4x4 tile, a new 4x4 square turntable base, some kind of wierdo sword
and blaster, a Yellow Power Ranger and a bad guy with a strange paintbrush-like
tuft atop his head.
  I don't know anything about the Power Rangers universe, so questions of
accuracy are lost on me.  I like the missile launcher, though.

The Dragons sets look great, and the Vorgans are ugly green trolls, broadly
similar to WarCraft orcs.  I'll post a more detailed review after I've had the
chance to pick some up.

Target also had a more extensive selection of Hasbro's BTR sets than I've
previously seen elsewhere, but I didn't have a chance to note the specifics.
More later...

     Dave!