 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1731
Re: Apocryphal Blacktron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:48:51 GMT

"Dave Schuler!" <dschuler@federatedinv.com> wrote in message
news:HFwoBx.18ts@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
Here's a little something for the purists:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b-tron01.jpg

Reverse view:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b-tron01a.jpg

Underside:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b-tron01b.jpg

No landing gear yet--still not sure how I want to do it.

    Dave!

Ok, I gotta ask, are those all real pieces?  It's very evil looking (I
almost wish the canopy were black) and it definitely has a mysterious kind
of feel to it.  Like one of those top secret government planes built using
alien technology.  Hey, wait a minute, that minifig definitely doesn't look
stock...  are these <gasp> non-Lego building bricks?!?!  (and who on earth
rendered them into ldraw pieces, I wonder?).  That is a raytracing, isn't
it?  The pieces and reflections look rendered, but the shadows don't look
like typical pov-ray shadows.

Seriously though, you nailed down the mysterious blacktron ideal.  It looks
mostly blacktron, but it *feels* totally blacktron.  And also in the spirit
of Blacktron, I gotta say this ship raises more questions than it does
answers...

-- Tom