 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1662
Re: MegaBloks site updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 16:14:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
http://www.megabloks.com

I am very curious to see if we will be able to
make Space armies of cyborgs like the Dragons line allows for Castle. Now • that
would be cool. So far it just looks like a Blok Bot tie-in gimmic though. • Doh'

I've been mulling this over with another clone fan, and we've decided that
we can't decide if they're cool or not, until we actually see the sets.  I'd
hope the recent glowing success of the Galidor line would demonstrate that
the construction-toy-action-figure market is tenuous at best, but at least
these Cyborg/Mutroid thingies appear to involve actual bricks, rather than
single-use modular limbs.

See, the Blok-Bots drive my crazy.  They almost always include a really cool
looking mini-fig but then there is no way to get more without getting a lot of
unwanted Blok-Bots.  I wish they would make more sets like the Dragon's
mini-fig tins.  That would be cool.

Kevin Johnston was kind enough to post a link to the UK ToyFair preview of
these sets: http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/clone-brands/?n=1631

Well I definately agree with; "Funky red wall peices."  Although the color
not withstanding that "red" castle looks like the best designed one so far.

The thing that's killing me is that all of these nifty curved, textured,
and/or organic-looking parts are brutally difficult to model in LDraw!  Doh!

Ha Ha! (sorry it just fit so well...)

-Mike Petrucelli.