 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1643
Re: Apocryphal Classic Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:06:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Koudys writes:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/craft001.jpg
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/craft002.jpg
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/craft003.jpg

These pics are really well done!  I am impressed with how familiar and yet
how different these ships are from 'Original Space'.  Well done!

Thank you very much!  My first "dark age" occurred back in the 70's between
the ages of 5 and 8.  My reintroduction came with set 924/987, so Classic
Space has naturally always been a favorite theme.

Then consider me a 'nutter'  I love the ships as posted above but I collect
LEGO bricks--this is my hobby--building with LEGO, not "building with blocks
that are remarkable similar to LEGO but aren't LEGO"  Besides, my two
favourite things are Technic and Train--LEGO rocks in these two fields.
But I have 0 animosity for others who 'mix 'n match'--point in case the
above ships--they are *very* sweet to look at!

Again, thank you!  But the punchline is that the represented ships are
constructed entirely of MegaBlok elements.  Many, such as the 1x1 round
plate and the 1x3 plate have direct LEGO analogs, but the intent of my
little diversion was to build Classic LEGO-esque ships with only MB parts
that I actually own.
There will be more to follow...

Again, others can create what they please with what they want--I'll look and
appreciate and admire.

My view is that non-clone-fans are the people who leave more product on the
shelves for me to purchse, and that's just fine with me!
Obviously the choice to purchase or not to purchase is up to the individual.
Some people will claim that Bionicle is as cool and versatile as LEGO
System, but I'm not able to see it that way, due to issues of quality and
compatibility.  Likewise, some people make the same complaint of clone
brands.  Say-la-vee!

     Dave!