 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1590
Re: MB 2-Go sets #s 9114, 9115
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:32:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
See them here: http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/2-Go.jpg

These sets are only "okay" as a build experience, and the "Dune" mecha kinda
sucks actually (the leg design is quite useless)

  I wonder if these are sets for 2003.  If so, I'm encouraged to see that
the Warriors: Future Force lives on, in the hope that this tiny mech
foreshadows additional releases still to come.  You're right about the leg
design, alas.

Check it out:
Trans-red, and trans-yellow detailed canopies
Yellow wing elements
Black wing elements (new to me at least)
Black cone, large
Black cones, tiny
Trans-red whip antennas (in the superior MB style)
Black whip antennas (again, in the superior MB style)

I love those canopies, even if they're proving tough to model in LDraw.  So
far I've only scored one in trans-black, so I look forward to adding these
to my horde.  Are the wings of the 9114 mirror slightly downsloped on a 1x8
brick-equivalent?  While I don't terribly mind the current large cones, I
think I'd prefer a straight-walled cone rather than this slight parabolic
design.

I have to recommend each for the respective parts included.  I paid approx.
$5 USD each for them and they come with an improved version of the carrying
case (in the sense that these could conceivably hold your elements without
cracking open and spilling their contents all over the place).

  I also hope that these grip-n-go or clip-n-carry or lock-n-lug or whatever
are a continuation of the previous lines, and I hope there are more small
but cool designs to follow.

Thanks for the images!

     Dave!