 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1586
Re: Mega Bloks New Alien Agency
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:45:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Paul Maxwell writes:
Has anyone looked at the Mega Bloks web site today under Mega Bloks Kids? It
showes a new line called Alien Agency... A Men in Black take off. It looks like
it might be cool, and did I forget to mention monsters!

  Everyone go check out www.megabloks immediately!  From the main entry
page, click on "Micro Collection" to see the catalog listings of the new
Alien Agency products.  It looks like they're going for a MIB-esque
hide-in-plain-sight kind of transforming vehicle/playset thingie.
Potentially very cool, since the sets include a burger joint, a gas station,
and a garbage truck in addition to the basic Hangar 18 already glimpses.
Kudos to Richard Parsons for correctly identifying the aliens as
mold-it-yourself items.  I'm not thrilled about that part of it, but I'm
eager to see what else we end up with.
  From the look of the small (even when enlarged) pictures, they've made
clever use of existing parts as well as introducing new elements.  As
someone who's fed up with the old (IMO awful) MB minifig designs, I'm very
happy to see them branching out into other forms.  Though I enjoyed the
Dragons minifigs, I found them to be a little too ornate for satisfactory
general use.  These AA guys appear to have better LEGO design compatibility.
We'll see...

     Dave!