 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1290
Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 16:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:

For only $5USD there should be a few elements of interest?
I'd just love to have a pure red halberder, longbow, & crossbow!

   Is this crazy talk, or do others also think that it’d be fun to
have on of these knock-offs! The boxes alone would be pretty nifty,
and the few accessories would be an interesting novelty!

Am I alone?

I'll be buying at least one of them, and I'll post a review thereafter.

In the meantime, I'm not so sure that all of these parts are direct copies
of canonical pieces.  For instance, what about the two grey cones in
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732671735

You mean at the top of the two pillars?  Looks an awful lot like:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3942

...or am I missing something?

Hmm.  Well, now I don't know.  At first, it looked like the ones in the pic
were too short, compared to the real things I have setting on my desk.  But
when I look at the partsref image, it seems like a match.  Weird.

Maybe this'll be the one I bid on, so I can find out for myself.

    Dave!