 Model Team / 584
583  |  585
Subject:
Model Team RIP.... why?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:13:48 GMT

Dear Jake, Brad and other TLC representatives,

I just noticed that Model Team has now completely disappeared from the s@h
site. I just wonder why...
I can understand that after all the trucks and other cars (okay, there was a
boat and a helicopter too) interest and sales were down (and Red Fury
could't change the tide...). I guess with only 15 sets in 13 years it was
alway a low volume affair. But what I don't understand is why the Sopwith
Camel and the Red Baron weren't released in the Model Team series? This is
exactly what people were calling for: a break away from the cars. I'm sure
these sets would sell in shops as well.
Don't get me wrong, I love those two planes (and I'm saving up for them),
I'm just curious what's behind the decision to kill of Model Team and put
the planes under Sculptures and make them web-only.

Duq