 Model Team / 54
RE: Is 5563 worth getting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:27:56 GMT

I got one for Christmas but still haven't had a chance to put it
together. It's definitely overpriced. The big chrome piece couldn't
have been pieced together from smalling existing pieces but I
definitely would have preferred it to be 2 or 3 smaller pieces for
added flexibility.

The wheels are identical to the 5571's (as someone asked about
earlier) so I would think the two would look pretty good sitting
side by side. I'll post some more comments if I ever get the thing
built!

Doug

A week ago I acquired a copy of 5571.  It took 2 full evenings to put it
together and it was well worth the inflated eBay price.  Overall it is an
outstanding very detailed set and is definitely a keeper.  I'd give it a
rating of 10 out of 10.
The 5563 looks to be the same scale and even though it is a
smaller set, it
looks like it might be a great companion to the 5571.  At $88 S&H price it
seems to be a bit expensive and the average price per piece is
higher at $0.11
per piece compared to $0.08 on the 5571.  There is also what
looks like a big
specialized chrome piece on the front which shows a sign on a SPUD.  But
anyway, compared to the 5571, is it worth getting?