 Model Team / 506
RE: New Website, who can help me out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:59:17 GMT

Dennis Bosman writes:
Because ít's too complex and too much work to create new
folders etc. I would like to use Brickshelf to store my
images. The only problem is that it doesn't work. I could
have made a mistake, but some of might now what to do (e.g.
does I need a script or some special codes?). When I open my
demopage with Brickshelf linked images I can only see those
horrible little red crosses in the upper left.

Who can give me some tips??

Make sure that you link to the images themselves, not the page which
contains the image.
For example the image should look like this:
< img src="http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bl/misc/0000__mercury.jpg">

*Not* like this:
< img src="http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=102224">

If you want to use the thumbnails that brickshelf automatically
generates (I think they all fit within a 128x128 square), the images are
in the thumb/ directory off of the directory which contains the image.
For example,  the folder is:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bl/misc/thumb/
and the thumbnail image for the example above would be:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bl/misc/thumb/0000__mercury.jpg_thumb.
jpg

To get the URL of a fullsize image, click on the image itself in a
gallery page, and it will take you to the actual location of the image.
I hope that helps!
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu