 Model Team / 501
500  |  502
Subject:
MODELTEAM NEWSLETTER 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:19:27 GMT

“MODEL TEAM NEWSLETTER 2”

Some of you allready know existance of the ‘LEGO-Trucks and Construction
Machinery Club’. This on-line club is for those who build trucks and heavy
equipment of LEGOs. If you would like to join the club, please send me an
e-mail: dennisbosman@hotmail.com

It would be better to open a Yahoo-ID first. If you have a Yahoo-ID, than
mail it to me. I will send you an invitation. For more info about the club:
http://www.geocities.com/dennisbosman/club-en.html
In this club you can post messages, pictures, links etc. We could help each
other with problems or finding some information. So the more entries, the
better!

It’s a shame LEGO doesn’t have Model Team sets in their range anymore. I
think those were the finest models ever built by LEGO. Today you only have
the Sopwith Camel, a nice model but we would like to see more of them!
Finding e.g. a Black Cat is a disaster. While you need the pieces because
off the great content you have to pay a lot of money for it. Those
collectors are the main cause prices have risen considerably. In this forum
someone had some of those sets for sale. I was curious and saw he asked $300
for a Black Cat! No way! $100 is a more reasonable price I think. Hopefully
soon LEGO will bring out some interesting Model Team related sets. That’s
real LEGO, not those ‘Jack Stone’ or ‘Bionicle crap’.

The Modelshow Europe in Ochten is coming soon (13th of April). We (some
collegues and myself) are busy with building some new crane and truck
models. Hopefully there will be more LEGO model makers present than last
year’s edition. But I think there will be.
At this moment my DAF 95XF is finished for about 95%. Last week I started to
build a Scania 8x4 concrete mixer for my Hitachi pile driver. Next to this
mixer, the machine also needs a track crawled concrete pump to inject the
concrete into the ground. I only have tree months to finish them all.
Forntunate I know how to build a mixer because I already built one in 2000.
I’m very curious to Ron’s DEMAG CC12600. He said we will go further with it
this month. Last month he built a 1:24 scale model. To be continued.

And I have plans to build a huge mobile crane as well. It’s gonna be a
Gottwald AK850, a 1100 tonnes latice boom crane on a ten axle truck chassis.
It’s an old type of crane but that doesn’t matter at all. It’s still in
service. The owner of this machine is ‘Schmidbauer’ from Germany and my
target is to build the crane fully operational and as high as possible
(minimum 4.5 metres). Next to the crane I would like to build some transport
vehicles which haules the boom segments and ballast pieces of the crane.
But, it will take some time before I really start with it. I don’t think I
will make a kick off this year, maybe next year neither. First I need lots
of black pieces (bricks, plates and technic beams). I have sufficient yellow
pieces, that isn’t the problem. I have a lot of reference as well. Last few
weeks I was scrolling on the net and I found some interesting pictures which
shows topics of the AK850 and it’s transport vehicles. Maybe I will find
more on the Modelshow in Ochten. To be continued.
For a picture of the crane:
http://www.geocities.com/dennisbosman4/proj-en.html#ak850

That’s it for now. If you have some comments, please let me know. If would
like to join the club, you only have to send an e-mail.

Dennis Bosman