 Model Team / 1415
Re: 10177: UCS Boeing 787 Dreamliner!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:03:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
Okay, so I think this is really neat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067843/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067846/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067847/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067848/

Steve Witt announced this on http://www.legofan.org

Statistics:
1197 pieces, 66 cm long with a wingspan of 69 cm
due out this summer

It doesn't look like they're officially calling it "UCS" although one look at
the display stand and you'll agree the title definitely applies.

It's really cool to see them apply the UCS concept outside of Star Wars (as much
as I also love the Star Wars UCS stuff, of course).  On more than one occasion
I've suggested something like "UCS 747" in those AFOL surveys they have from
time to time.  I'm sure many others suggested the same thing, too.  It's nice to
see ideas like that come to life.

(snipped)

-Paul D.

I had some concerns earlier this year about the Lego City passenger plane being
a little too simplified with the one-piece nose section and one-piece wings, so
I'm really glad to see TLC release a plane made from real bricks.

I do wonder, however, with all the new slope bricks that have been released in
the past few years if it would have been possible to make the plane
(particularly the nose) a little more smooth looking.

Still, I'll plan on saving up for this one.

TLC, thanks for keeping it about "building."

-Steven