 MediaWatch / 81 (-10)
  Tortilla Airplane Contest

I just finished entering a contest held by Southwest Airlines here in Albuquerque. The idea is to build an airplane out of tortillas and the best plane wins a free trip to Las Vegas, NV. Well, one of the entries used LEGO wheels and Technic Shock (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nm)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Bliss" (...) Doh! I think you are right. When I first read it, it sounded like the author was revelling at having spotted a spelling mistake. But having now read it again, I think I was too hasty, especially (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

(...) No, I think the author got the joke just fine, and added a couple of other bits to the gag. Steve (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually, its more of a technical term. In the toy industry, plush is pretty much anything soft on the surface and squishy. My family used to run a couple of games at carnivals. That's where I ran into the term. Later, Gino A... (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Adbusters

A shot of what appears to be the outside of the LEGO LIC at the mall of america apears in the latest issue (no 35) of the self-proclaimed journal of the mind 'adbusters' ((URL) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

Ok I admit it not posting to the mediawatch to begin with was laziness on my part. My bad. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message news:GC5EGB.64u@lugnet.com... (...) up (...) having (...) floor. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

So they were using a Slizer throwing arm as a prop? Pretty cool! As far as not posting it to mediawatch, even if you don't subscribe to it, others (including myself) do. It's nice for these types of posts to end up there so that in the future people (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.technic.slizer, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

I don't think that it would be a 'UKism' on such an American show. One of the same players later questions was regarding which countries the Bering Straight separates. The player had to ask the audience, and 8% of the audience said it was Canada and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually I wouldn't agree. You're confusing two different types of "toys". Stuffed animals are stuffed with different materials than most Beanies (which, by definition, are usually filled with beans). "Beanie babies" is quite a common name for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) This must be a UKism, as we don't use that phrase much. Beanie Babies are "stuffed animals" I think. Of course, stuffed doesn't carry quite the negative connotation in the US. ++Lar (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact