 MediaWatch / 76 (-20)
  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

Ok I admit it not posting to the mediawatch to begin with was laziness on my part. My bad. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message news:GC5EGB.64u@lugnet.com... (...) up (...) having (...) floor. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

So they were using a Slizer throwing arm as a prop? Pretty cool! As far as not posting it to mediawatch, even if you don't subscribe to it, others (including myself) do. It's nice for these types of posts to end up there so that in the future people (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.technic.slizer, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

I don't think that it would be a 'UKism' on such an American show. One of the same players later questions was regarding which countries the Bering Straight separates. The player had to ask the audience, and 8% of the audience said it was Canada and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually I wouldn't agree. You're confusing two different types of "toys". Stuffed animals are stuffed with different materials than most Beanies (which, by definition, are usually filled with beans). "Beanie babies" is quite a common name for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) This must be a UKism, as we don't use that phrase much. Beanie Babies are "stuffed animals" I think. Of course, stuffed doesn't carry quite the negative connotation in the US. ++Lar (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

Last night on WWTBAM one of the players' early questions was 'Which of the following would be considered a plush toy?' A) A Beanie Baby B) A Lego set I can't remember C and D but they were both fairly useless. Good to see they said Lego set and not (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> To: <lugnet.mediawatch@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com> Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 8:50 AM Subject: Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning' (...) (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

OK, It can now be found at (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

(...) Take it to (URL) -- I'd love to read it. --Dave (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Wag the Dog quote

I haven't seen the movie, but a movie-quoting co-worker sent this one to me. Conrad 'Connie' Brean: What's the thing people remember about the Gulf War? A bomb falling down a chimney. Let me tell you something: I was in the building where we filmed (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

A little tongue in cheek article graced the back page of the UK town planners periodical this week. It claimed that the planning regime in Miniland was very lax and that developers in the area had not been made to include affordable housing, it (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Lego mentioned on new game show

Lego was just a answer on that new game show"weakest link" The question was "what L word was voted toy of the century?" (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Breaking News....

(URL) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Erin Brockovich

(...) Not that dark :-) but yes, her kids were definately playing with LEGO... -Jon (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Tim Taylor?! MORE POWER!

Sighted! Tim Taylor of Home Improvment playing with Legos! It was the 12:30pm Home Improvment on UPN50 on sunday. It was during Tim's Brother's Kid's B-Day party. Mark and Zach had to go but they were building a fort. THey had a blue bin 1200piece, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Erin Brockovich

I'm not sure if I really saw this or not, but I believe there is a scene in Erin Brockovich where she is working at the table and her kids are playing with something that appears to be lego. The scene is really dark and I wasn't pay that close of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Tub (3033) spotted in teaser for "Grounded for Life"

Grounded for life wasn't broadcast last night because of the "Blockbuster Awards", but in the "tease" they show one of the kids carrying a 3033 tub. Not sure what they are going to do with it..... (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in a comercial!!

I saw this comercial for Ace Cash Exores.It had cammera panning a table andon that table it had some bricks and a old white window.Going on up to a guy trying to pay a bill. From Andy (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Silver Anniversary tub #3026 on....

My Wife and Kids - starring Damon Wayans. I noticed it in tonights first episode.It was in the sons bedroom, on a bookshelf, with a basketball on top of it. Oddly, it was the only toy in the room. The rest of the room was loaded with his stereo, cds (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego BLOCKS and star wars in Yahoo mag.

(...) This might be what you are looking for: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact