 MediaWatch / 624
Re: Stealing Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:53:26 GMT

Mark & All,

It i funny, this is a year old, but I saw it last night.

I was watching TLC tonight, there was some program about how video cameras
are being used to catch various breaks of the law, and there was a part on
shoplifting. There was this guy they said was a repeat offender (busted 5
times for shoplifting from the same store, stealing the same thing) - the
announcer said something like this guy can not get enough Lego - and they
showed him carring out 5 or 6 huge boxes of Technic, I could not make out
what set it was, but the boxes were huge. I just thought it was funny and
thought of this section of lugnet, hehe.

Indeed, it was TLC, the show was called Caught in the Act, and it looked
like a TLC Outlet store or soemthing, but I think it was in Great Britain.
The guy was wondering around, saw the large TECHNIC set (Soemone said it was
the SuperCar) and just ran out the door. I saw a large poster near the door,
it looked like a picture of 3033 contents, a lot of BASIC bricks, and that
was it. Then a security guy about 5 seconds later dashing after him.

Other interesting things in the show were thigns like dumb criminals in
convenience stores, and couples getting caught in parking lots, that kind of
thing.

Pretty funny, I thought about mediawatch as well when I saw it, but someone
already got it here.

Scott S.