 MediaWatch / 431 (-10)
  Independent on Sunday to run feature on The Brick Testament (again)

Brendan Powell Smith's site made it in to the IoS (mainstream UK newspaper) on the 23rd. The main picture was his version of the "Birth of Christ". There was also picture of the "last supper" and some text. A scan of the latter 2 can be seen here: (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Lego in Big with Tom Hanks

I'm sure this has been posted before (though I couldn't turn anything up in a quick newsgroup search), but there's a shot of a Lego Town diorama in the movie Big (1988, Tom Hanks, dir Penny Marshall): (URL) noticed Chris Tracey has a note about it (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego article in NY Times Business Section

Hi all, and happy holidays! There's an article specifically about Lego in the NY Times business section from Dec. 25: (URL) another article on how Lego is trying to find its way in the modern world. Roy (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego in Sydney Morning Herald 28-12-01

(...) things around. (...) Absolutely. Cheers Richie Dulin (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in Sydney Morning Herald 28-12-01

Hello all, long time no posts. Inbetween all the smoke and haze,the SMH has put lego onto the cover of the business section today (URL) all, and hooray for the fire fighters. Santosh (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

The scariest part of this whole announcement to me - and something that very few people in this discussion have touched upon - is that for the first time, The Lego Company is telling us what we can or cannot build with Lego! Think about this! Modern (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Good Post. As a parent, I am diligent in censoring inappropriate material. As an individual, I am diligent in protecting free speech. There is a delicate balancing line here. I just hope I do the right thing for my children. That is my (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) I really don't have any interest in LEGO films anyway, so I probably won't watch any of them. (...) I believe that some films can be and are good, I just don't really enjoy LEGO movies, including immoral ones. Curt Tigges (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Read that again, "explicit sexual content" Explicit; that means clearly defined. In this case the sexual act itself which is what we are discussing. Age verification has become somewhat standardized across the internet. (some of it by law, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) require (...) Wait a minute! Kissing is (or often is) sexual. When twelve year olds hold hands at the mall, that's sexual too. Sexual describes a huge range of behaviors, the vast majority of which are healthy. Why should age verification take (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact