 MediaWatch / 430
429  |  431
Subject:
Lego in Big with Tom Hanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 07:19:58 GMT

I'm sure this has been posted before (though I couldn't turn anything up in
a quick newsgroup search), but there's a shot of a Lego Town diorama in the
movie Big (1988, Tom Hanks, dir Penny Marshall):

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0094737

I noticed Chris Tracey has a note about it in his page (very cool page btw),
but to elaborate, there's a 6377 Delivery Center and a 6385 Fire House among
other things in one of those plexiglass enclosed dioramas that Lego used to
give to retailers.  It's a few minutes before the famous dancing piano
scene, and Tom Hanks hides behind it.

Calum
PS-I only noticed this because Big was on TV tonight.