 MediaWatch / 361 (-10)
  LEGO Alpha Team mentioned in Jerusalem Post

(URL) follows - used without permission: Save the world from evil Ogel By Judy Siegel-Itzkovich (December 5) - Tzevet Alpha (Alpha Team), a CD-ROM dubbed and translated into Hebrew by Hed Artzi Multimedia from the original English disk by Lego (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.il)

  Plymouth Schools building with Mindstorms

Kinda cool article on mindstorms in gradeschool in Plymouth, MA: (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Cheapest Lego is in New Zealand

According to the December 2001 Australian Issue of Reader's Digest, New Zealand is the cheapest place to buy, among other things, LEGO, due to their low import duties, low consumer taxes, low retail margins and weak dollar. It says: " A Lego set, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz)

  Jack Stone commercials on Israeli TV

Yep, it's none other than "Jack Stone, LEGO's new hero!" - "Ha-Gibor Ha-khadash shel lego." I've seen it on channel 2 commercials at least three times - Jack swinging on the helicopter's rope, dangling and finally landing safely in time to save the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Nesquick Bunny also found in.... Was: Minifigs in the Beano

(...) Hmm. I bought one yesterday (they only had the Bunny fig). Now I know why I don't get it more often... very dull. The free club one is quite a bit better. Watch out for the next club mag, my daughter (me really) has mailed them a picture of (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Slightly behind the times, but The REgister have picked up on the Monty Python Lego (URL) Linked off their front page -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Harry Potter set on Albuquerque TV

Here's a mention of set 4706 "Forbidden Corridor" on Albuquerque NBC affiliate KOB-4. (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  CAD/Toy Article in Product Design and Development

You may need to copy & paste the link below into your browser address bar if it gets chopped: (URL) go to (URL) on 'Current Issue' in the left frame menu, click on 'Real-World Engineering' in the body frame, click on 'Toy Story' The article covers (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  SanFrancisco magazine article

For those people who can track down a copy of the December 2001 issue of San Francisco magazine (out this week, I think), page 38 has a small snippet about my San Francisco LEGO mosaic (with picture). There's a long story as to why the photograph (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: harry potter vanishes

HP castle is GBP£80 in UK, making the Irish one at IRL£80 a real bargain for us (I know, I bought one at Smyths in October). Just for info, if anyone is going to Calais before Christmas the Carrefour supermarket has the castle in stock for approx (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ie)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact