 MediaWatch / 2964
Re: VP of Palo Alto's SAP Arrested in LEGO Bar Code Scam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 14:44:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:

   An executive at a Palo Alto software giant was charged Monday with four felony counts of burglary, after authorities said he allegedly made his own bar code stickers, switched the tags, and then bought boxes of LEGO at Target stores for huge discounts.

-- snip --

   “LEGO are very popular and expensive,” Wylie said.

-- snip --

Hey Abner,

Others may not appreciate it, but I’m happy that you edited the content on this story. I’d read the original online (when an ex-coworker who is still at SAP -- I no longer am -- sent me a link), and I recalled plenty of “LEGOs” in the original. Your quote of it read much more smoothly. :)

I would suggest you indicate (in general) that it was edited, though, just to quash any complaints before they can start.