 MediaWatch / 2579
Re: Digital Blue products : LEGO Digital Camera, Boombox and MP3 Player
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:43:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote:

   Just some updated product image and information regarding to LEGO and Digital Blue mention few months ago.

Digital Blue site DigitalBlue

LEGO Digital Camera

LEGO Boombook

LEGO MP3 Player

They will be sold in certain markets and stores. Currently it is not known if the items will be sold at LEGO Brand Retail stores, LEGO.com or at LEGOLAND Parks. Release date unknown, maybe Summer 2009.

In the past, our club has hidden a small cd players under the table at our displays and played “theme” music based upon the MOC’ed up LEGO scene. If the MP3 player integrated with the traditional LEGO system of bricks, I could see building a MOC on top of it, and hiding some iPod external speakers inside... just need to allow yourself some room to turn it on/off.

I was thinking that $40 for a 2Gig MP3 player was high, but considering that a 4Gig iPod Shuffle is $80, I guess it’s on par.

I guess you could just as easily hide an iPod shuffle inside a modified brick (like the USB jump drives), if you wanted to go through the trouble... the above would be cheaper & less hassle at least. :)

The camera has a certain geek-factor to it... I hope it takes a flash card; 128M isn’t much these days, even for kids. And I wonder if you can use it to stream video... That would be cool!

--Mike.