 MediaWatch / 2491
2490  |  2492
Subject:
LEGO Mac Will Make Apple Geeks Salivate With Envy.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:07:37 GMT

LEGO Mac Will Make Apple Geeks Salivate With Envy. (Its only a dream)

Perfect LEGO Mac Pro Is Two Computers in One.
By Jesus Diaz.

At first sight, this looked like a perfect working reproduction of a Mac Pro
made of LEGO, so I was ready to call it the best LEGO computer in the history of
best LEGO computers. Then, when I learnt that it houses one full PC running Mac
OS X and a Mac Mini, I felt something happening, this tingling sensation, this
turgidity that made me feel a bit dizzy. And when I finally saw the Steve Jobs
minifig standing there and took a closer look at it, nerdgasm finally ensued:

Made out of 2,588 LEGO bricks, the Mac Pro was designed in LEGO Digital Designer
2.0 for the MacMod Challenge 2008. The Hackintosh is a plain PC with a Core 2
Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz CPU running Mac OS X, while the Mac Mini is a Core Duo
1.66Ghz. And the Steve Jobs minifig doesn't have any CPU, because he runs on
mercurial power, tofu, and puppies' blood, like the real one.

And talking about the Steve Jobs minifig, remember we are still running our Go
Miniman Go video contest, with the chance of winning priceless vintage Lego
sets, shrink-wrapped, still in their boxes (if a new LEGO #4999 Windmill can go
for $1,700, imagine how many thousands a Galaxy Explorer or the original Yellow
Castle will cost).

<http://gizmodo.com/5052333/perfect-lego-mac-pro-is-two-computers-in-one>

LEGO Minifig 30th Anniversary Contest link below.

<http://gizmodo.com/5040808/gizs-lego-minifig-contest-win-the-best-vintage-sets-ever>

-end of report-