 MediaWatch / 2432
Re: LEGOLAND Discovery Center to Open in Illinois
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Kevin Lauer wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Steve Tanner wrote:
A friend of mine is an acoustics consultant on this project (as they need to
figure out how to keep the sound from effecting the rest of the mall tenants).
However, he had mentioned that this would be going in across the way at the
Streets of Woodfield, not Woodfield Mall.

That seems very very odd to me.  Streets of Woodfield is jam packed as it is,
I can't possibly see them putting something like that in there unless
something else huge moves out.   Carson Pirie Scott is the only anchor store,
so to speak, and that's the only spot large enough to hold that kind of an
area that I can see.  Does he know where at in SoW?

This bit is from the Arlington Heights Daily Herald:

The local indoor park is slated to open the first week of August. Other
highlights at the two-story storefront, which has been vacant for several years,
include birthday party rooms, a cafe, a Lego store and a special room with
rotating exhibits of work by master Lego builders. Professional builders will be
on site to show young enthusiasts how to build with the brightly colored plastic
pieces.

So a two story storefront that has been vacant for several years..... Looking at
the Streets website, there's a store directory.  Dick's Sporting Goods, which is
nearly as large as Carson's, has no phone number listed....

Here's the link to the whole story: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=128505