 MediaWatch / 2178
  Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(URL) Danish toy maker is having a hard time keeping up with demand for its popular plastic building blocks as toy stores stack their inventories for the Christmas season, company officials said Tuesday." Ummm... some AFOL's that I spoke with a few (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) Just to play devil's advocate... sometimes in business you just gotta do what you gotta do. I don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors in LEGO, but if the budget was just that tight, or contracts could only be started on certain (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) really well if it's heard that you're having trouble keeping up with demand. Makes it sound like demand is super-high. DaveE (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) I gave up long ago on the idea that TLC ever thinks logically... JohnG, GMLTC (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) And here's an amusing little audio skit about the news... (URL) Kelly (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) TLG has released updated info about the shortages report, saying the original quote was specifically only in the Scandinavian market, not worldwide. (URL) Kelly (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)