 MediaWatch / 2056
Re: I love toys - on VH1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Nick Kappatos wrote:

   Found it - Friday night’s episode, coming it at #3 overall, just behind Barbie and Hula Hoop, but beating out notables such as GIJoe, Star Wars figures, “Bike”, and Atari:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/ilovetoys/98256/episodefeaturedcopy.jhtml

Seriously, Hula Hoop.

-Nick

Hula hoop? Though I really think that bikes should probably top the list, I can’t really imagine that hula hoops had any great popularity after about 1960. Anyway, thanks for finding that. I’ll have to tape Friday night’s episode (though, knowing VH1, they’ll replay this thing about a million times, I mean, how many times have we seen the same episodes of I love the 80’s?).