 MediaWatch / 2052
Re: LEGO in Bizarro Comic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 02:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal wrote:
   <Adjusts tie, with bulging eyeballs>

Tough NG-- I gotta be my own straight man!

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal wrote:

   2. it would be funnier if minifigs actually did float, which they don’t, so where’s the joke?

What? Minifigs do float???? Well then, by golly, I take it all back! That comic is hilarious! “Bizarro” is the funniest thing since.... since.... well, I get back to you on that.

JOHN

Well, whatever you think of his work, you should know the cartoonist himself was very nice. When I emailed him because I could not find a link to his strip (my local newspaper doesn’t post the comics online and King Features Syndicate has stopped posting their strips daily) he replied right away with a couple of links and said to be sure to let him know if they didn’t work out. I imagine some nationally syndicated cartoonists wouldn’t have bothered.

Maggie