 MediaWatch / 1706 (-20)
  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) It's always enlightening just how blind people can be. Either that author from my POV, or me from the POV of the author. Wow. Are we *sure* this isn't satire? (...) Yes, he mentions that all the LEGO minifigs are "aryan yellow". Now *that's* a (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

Published in the DoG Street Journal, a student paper at the College of William and Mary: (URL) Some highlights are: "One look at a child’s Lego village will show the company’s disdain for an integrated society." "...minorities are often (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: Old Lego ads from the 70's and 80's found in kids magazines

"Stephane Simard" <plague@videotron.ca> wrote... (...) comic and I run across an old Lego Ad. I see them all the time. Especially the old 70s Marvels. They have tons of them on the back covers. They captivated me as a child. Very convincing (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Nathan Sawaya builds 10-foot-long speedboat

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jason Spears wrote: (snip) Cool, innit? See also this (URL) post>, and its tree, and the refs within it. ++Lar (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Nathan Sawaya builds 10-foot-long speedboat

(2 URLs) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: Old Lego ads from the 70's and 80's found in kids magazines

(...) I'd posted before but here a couple more from my old comics (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Old Lego ads from the 70's and 80's found in kids magazines

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here is where I place the old Lego ads I find when I dig through all my old kids' cartoons magazines. Hope you like them. (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle)

  Lego streamlining

Børsen reported today (Jan 13) that Lego will cut out half of its Danish suppliers to save money. (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Live Broadcast from NBC11 News

Great TV spot! Kudos! (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Live Broadcast from NBC11 News

Because of delays due to Christmas and BrickShelf moderation, here is the deep link to the news clip: (URL) was a live broadcast on Wednesday, December 22, 2004, on NBC11 News. The broadcast was from the BayLTC Christmas train layout currently on (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Getting Sued by Two California Women

From a Reuters article ((URL) ANGELES (Reuters) - Two California women have sued Lego Systems Inc. in Los Angeles, accusing it of stealing an idea that turned into one of the year's hottest selling toys for the Danish toy company. The lawsuit, filed (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Local Channel 11 tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning I will on live TV on Channel 11 at 9:30am. BayLTC has a Christmas train layout set up in the Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto, CA and the executive director arranged for a live broadcast from our train layout. Russell Clark (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Free "Story of Christmas" postcards now in NYC and Philadelphia

In case you can't get enough (URL) Brick Testament: Story of Christmas> schwag (I know I can't), there are free Story of Christmas postcards now available in the (URL) Max Racks> in restaurants, gyms, and other fine establishments all around New (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi, FTX)

  8x9 foot LEGO menorah constructed in Burlingame, CA

I found out about this too late to go see it in action, but apparently a rabbi in Burlingame, CA (just south of San Francisco) built an 8-foot-tall, 9-foot-wide menorah, complete with candle holders and electric lights. Here an article about it a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: Tiger Woods is a .Space kind of guy

[snipinated] (...) You never know. Perhaps he'll post something here eventually ;-). Maybe he just needs to be directed to Lugnet. Hold up a huge sign in one of his tournaments saying: LUGNET.COM/SPACE That should do it. (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Tiger Woods is a .Space kind of guy

(...) I was just about to post this myself, but you beat me to it! And yes, it would be classic space, since he was born in 1975 (according to his website) and he says he was between five and nine. Of course, this begs a number of questions. Which (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.space)

  Tiger Woods is a .Space kind of guy

In this weeks edition (12/16/2004) issue of Sports Illustrated, Steve Rushin's Air and Space column covers some of the favorite toys some atheletes received for Christmas. As it turns out, Tiger Woods was a LEGO Space (Classic I am sure based on his (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.space)

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) Well, we just wrapped up our holiday party and ran back to the shop to put the finishing touches on the Fenway model a few hours ago. I gotta say this was a great but challenging and nerve-wracking model to work on. Sheesh, there's not a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) Ah, between using Mozilla and a double firewall, I didn't have that problem. :) I know someone else has posted a picture link already, but in case anyone wants to see how the bidding is going, here's the link to the auction page for Wally: (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) (URL) "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact