 MediaWatch / 1593
Re: Brick Testament in UK's .net magaine and seven new German articles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:26:20 GMT

The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith wrote:

Süddeutsche Zeitung
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/suddeutsche_zeitung_04-07-05.html
Mostly neutral. Theme: Mixing childhood Memories from the bible and
playing with LEGO bricks

Abendzeitung
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/abendzeitung_04-08-14p15.html
Fun, ironical, not endorsed by TLC

Wochenendbeilage der Stuttgarter Zeitung
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/wochenendbeilage_der_stuttgarter_zeitung_04-08-14.html
"Blasphemic", "Distorted". More or less a call for "burn him at the
stake". The World you present is a giant botch, the beings are
distorted, and God is a bearded Frankenstein.

Compare this smiting to the articles by the catholic news agency:

Katholische Nachrichten-Agentur
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/katholische_nachrichten-agentur_04-08-24.html
Very positive, but - partly due to the use of an old-fashined bible
translation as the textual basis for the german version of the book -
more fun than educational. Also positive on the politically correct
warning labels on the web site.

Katholische Nachrichten-Agentur GmbH
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/katholische_nachrichten-agentur_gmbh_04-08-24.html
Basically a short version of the above article. Positive review, but not
necessarily a book for kids.

Annabelle
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/annabelle_04-08-11.html
Neutral, more on the story behind the book.

Focus
http://www.thebricktestament.com/press/focus_04-08-09.html
Nice word play: "A(r)theist". Positive review, considers the book joyful
fun.

Unfortunately, I don't know what they say, but my publisher seems to think the
book is going over quite well.  If any German readers would care to confirm
that,  it might ease my mind.  @8^)

HTH, Christian