 MediaWatch / 1577
Re: LEGO in movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:13:53 GMT

Wow, neat! This kind of reminds me of the movie, "Manhattan Project" with John
Lithgow,  Christopher Collet, Jill Eikenberry, a teenage Cynthia Nixon.. You
know, the one where the kid (Collet) builds the nuclear bomb and enters it in a
science fair? You know, I bet there's some LEGO in that movie as well..

<spoiler follows - but if you're a geek and haven't seen this movie you've been
hiding under a rock>

Gotta love it when the geek gets the girl AND saves the world for humanity all
in the same movie.

Anyway, the best scene is when the kid breaks into the bomb factory to steal the
material he needs for the warhead - he gets it out by putting it in a container
on the bed of an RC truck. Then he cuts through the wall of the lab with an
industrial laser (bear with me). He sends the loaded truck out the hole and
parks it outside. Then he leaves the lab - passing through security
empty-handed. Then, once outside, he drives the truck from the lab, across the
grounds of the factory, through a drainage tunnel, and out to the street.

I love caper flicks.

Darrell