 MediaWatch / 1576
Re: LEGO in movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:18:51 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Olof Dahlberg wrote:
A machinery, made from LEGO Technic, has a prominent role in the swedish movie
"Varning for Jönssonligan" (1981) Link: <http://www.imdb.com/Title?0083276>. The
movie is a family comedy about a criminal "mastermind" and his two partners in
crime.
The device is used to open a locked door from the inside, is built on the inside
through a small vent and is wire controlled with at least five electric motors.
This is a rather complicated device, but I will try to describe it:
The main structure of it looks like a bit like a movable drilling rig, with a
machinery for movement with another device carried at the front, which is sort
of separate.
The main movement device has both wheels and link treads and also two pairs of
small wheels on extendable arms to enable it to climb steps.
The second device is offloaded on the top step, walks on a lot of legs to the
door, extens an arm up to the lock, turns the lock and the door is unlocked.

In the movie this sequence is mixed with the action on other places, so it
occupies several minutes, and the device is quite clearly seen to move about and
do all of these things (except for the building of it through a small hole part)
on film.
This is my favourite LEGO movie moment.

Now I have the DVD, and will try to build the device. I can get pictures from
the movie if anyone is interested.

Olof Dahlberg, Sweden
Here are some pictures, at last!
Olof