 MediaWatch / 1331 (-5)
  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I got these links in my Google news alert today. I was saddened to read this. (...) I totally agree. With the release of the Designer sets it felt like a really great year. I just hope they don't get into one of those cycles where low sales (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I can't cite the cite at the moment but I seem to recall hearing that in the US, toy sales were projected to be down 7% overall for the holiday season, while electronics and gadgetry were up double digits. Could be a faulty memory though. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Bullets over Bionicle

(...) not the seals on the set were intact. I've always wondered why most of the Wal-Marts have the sporting goods section, including guns/ammunition, right next to the toy section. Erik (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bullets over Bionicle

Hello all, Has anyone else heard of this incident or LEGO's repsonse to it? Some kid found .22 caliber bullets in his Bionicle set, bought from Wal-mart. (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NPR's Morning Edition: Broken Toys

(...) That was a cute story - thanks for the link! When I worked at the Imagination Center there were people who would shake the boxes and ask "do they have to build this?" I'd say "No, they GET to build it..." <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact