 MediaWatch / 1121 (-20)
  Lego chooses IBM over HP

Lego chooses IBM over HP (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFest on Fox Report

(...) Hah! The tower was Teddy Welsh's Moonbase module, and the castle was probably the one that Jim Foulds did. Too cool. Adrian (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  BrickFest on Fox Report

BrickFest was given a news bite on The Fox Report with Shepard Smith this evening at 7:20PM EDT on a segment called Fox Report Across America. It showcased some pretty impressive models, including a huge castle, a very tall tower with three large (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  BrickFest on NPR

Just heard it this morning. It's in audio (Real or Windows Media player). Just scroll down the page and look for the title "Morning Edition Returns: Building Blocks" (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) WTIC 1080 AM in Hartford, CT also carried this Brickfest story this morning, but then they added a bit of local flavor by discussing the model builders in Enfield, CT (not far from Hartford) who have careers building models for Lego, then they (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) The Bay Area ABC radio affiliate picked up on it too. In addition to mentioning the "cathedrals to robots", they talked to AF'sOL who admitted spending upwards of $10,000 a year on LEGO. Hmm, that could be any of several people.... :-) Maggie (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) Hmm... sounds like they picked up the CNN scroll from last nite. (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

G'Morning all you lucky BrickFest attendees! The SF Bay Area affiliate of CBS radio did a 3-line mention of BrickFest this morning at about 7:33 am. Key points: not for kids, 255 adults, GWU-Arlington campus, models ranging from "cathedrals to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

On 04.08 8/10/2003 +0000, Greg Kramer wrote (...) Not bad... Shame she didnt have a camera tho :-) --- wubwub aka stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : Promoting more than just the MOC (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest in Washington Post

Looks like it might be in Sunday's print edition? (URL) mention of the Sunday "Open to the Public" times, though. So you might not need extra crowd control. -Greg K (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Believe It Or Not: LEGO! -- Part 2

(...) Wow, Eric....I've been living vicariously through your Lego escapades for 3-4 years now, but this definitely tops 'em all...congratulations! Can't wait to watch the show. --Dave (jot and jab) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Believe It Or Not: LEGO! -- Part 2

Congratulations on getting such great publicity, Eric. And thanks for the write-up of the event. That was a very fun read. Out of curiosity, were those guys breaking baseball bats over their thighs while you were building? And if so, was that (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Believe It Or Not: LEGO! -- Part 2

Hi Eric, It looks good. I was sorry I wasn't able to swing by and see the building in action. Will the Ripley's people let you know when this will be aired, and, if so, will you post an announcement here? Bruce (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Believe It Or Not: LEGO! -- Part 2

As promised, I have written up a webpage documenting the craziness I recently experienced out in Hollywood... a rather lengthy webpage, at that: (URL) or comments are welcome, and feel free to corner me at Brickfest if you want to hear more stories (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Brickish Association member on TV

(...) Really cool and Duncan got a lot of promotion for his house as well. (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO!

SWEET!!! Definitely keep us posted on when this'll be on air. Good Luck!!! -Stefan- (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Another Lego PC project

(...) He should have fudged the speed a little and used "0937";-) JOHN (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Another Lego PC project

Just ran across this at (URL) - a Lego computer case. Yes, it's been done before, and this one doesn't break much new ground. Neat use of TIE Bomber canopies as decorative elements / drive covers. Unfortunately, the builder, James Watson, resorted (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO!

(...) Dude, this is sick. So cool. Big congrats and all; I'm sure you're getting tired of them. :-) Keep us posted on when/if this will air. That's definitely a time to dust off the vcr. Best, -Chris (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO!

(...) No matter what, I'm sure it will be up for only a short time. It might last one night, but after that, I'm sure some "enterprising youth" will take care of the removal. ;-) Jeff (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact