 Marketplace / Theory / 945
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:00:12 GMT

This is something I've wondered about - if posting eBay auctions here
makes much difference.  I'm sure it can, but I'm not sure it always
does.

I've run a few auctions this week (small stuff all, to be sure)
without mentioning them on LUGNET or RTL.  In every case the sets
seemed to go for what I expected they would or more.

It certainly gets them more hits. I experimented with this with my last
batch of 70+ Auctions. I plugged them all on LUGNet & RTL other than one. I
can't remember the except details, but for all the others the hit rate was
pretty flat over the whole ten days, with only a small peak on day 10. The
one I did not plug got ~75% of its hits on the final day.

Scott A